Coriander or cilantro is a wonderful source of dietary fiber, manganese, iron and magnesium as well.
In addition, coriander leaves are rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin K and protein. They also contain small amounts of calcium, phosphorous, potassium, thiamin, niacin and carotene. Here go some of the health benefits of coriander leaves:
- Coriander lowers bad cholesterol (LDL) and increases the levels of good cholesterol (HDL).
- A very good food for digestive system, coriander promotes liver functions and bowel movements.
- Coriander is good for diabetes patients. It can stimulate the insulin secretion and lower the blood sugar levels.
- Vitamin K in it is good for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease.
- The fat soluble vitamin and antioxidant- Vitamin A, protects from lung and cavity cancers.
- Coriander contains anti-inflammatory properties. This is why it is good against inflammatory diseases such as arthritis.